Monday, December 1, 2008

Cutting our own Christmas Tree




The day after Thanksgiving we went out and cut our Christmas tree. For years we've been driving to the mountains, but last year, pregnant and sick with Matthew, I discovered a U-Cut place that's even better. There's no snow, but it's only ½ hr away, on a little hill with 10 acres of trees to choose from. We choose and cut the tree (our tradition is a Douglas Fir), and they hauled it on their four-wheeler to our van and helped us tie it on. Then they give us free hot chocolate or cider! For $25.00! It took 2 hours, instead of all day, and we got home with enough energy to decorate it (well, since Kaylisha was with us we had enough energy to decorate).


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emma said...

I love cutting down our own Christmas Tree. We did that growing up every year!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I love all the matching hats. . . I think our fake tree has only a few more years left in her. Damian puts her away a little less than gently, so I'll be calling you in a few years for the name of this place!