Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter-General Conference

For Easter and General Conference my parents hosted us at their home. I know they would've gotten more out of Conference if they didn't have six children flowing around the room, but I was sure glad to be there. And when when the 1 1/2 yr old baby M crawled onto Grandpa's lap with a book about horses (the baby's current obsession is anything horse-ish) and my Dad was pointing things out to him, I knew the love was mutual.
To keep my 4 yr old occupied, we lent her the camera. It's one of the wonderful thing about digital cameras--children can take pictures of whatever they want. She was taking photos of the tv screen (the prophet was speaking) and her sister braiding Grandma's hair (yes, my Mom is awesome) and this is the photo she took of my husband and I. Isn't he handsome?
This is the photo she took of me. She was so cute. In fact, this is a photo of her:
My twin took some Easter photos of my and my girls. We tried to put together a whole family photo thing, but my 7 yr old just wanted to stay in his pjs, and the other boys didn't want to brush their hair. I could've pushed it, but then I though it would be fun to just photograph the female Harmons, and my husband didn't mind not getting his picture taken.

Easter was particularly wonderful this year--since Easter weekend was paired with General Conference. I got to listen and watch 4 sessions of conference, and tie it to celebrating Jesus's resurrection. And I got to do it all with family--that's the best!

I've set a few goals on ways I can do better after a spiritually filling weekend. Devotional this morning was better than normal, thanks to some reminders from Conference--we read AND discussed the scriptures for Family Scripture Study and the scripture we're memorizing (Matthew 25:40). That scripture talks about when we serve even the least of those around us, we are serving God. So I had them pick a name of someone in the family, the person they feel least connected with, and to find a way to serve them today. At tomorrow's devotional we'll follow up and connect it to this scripture. I'm feeling very grateful right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Val! Sounds like you had a lovely time! Do you use anything in particular to guide your daily devotions?

allison nadauld said...

That picture of you and your girls is beautiful. You look so gorgeous Val. Easter and conference were both magical, a true feast. I got to visit with your girls at Addie's party today. They are so sweet and good. It's easy to see who they are becoming like.