
We had a Narnia birthday party all set up for Solomon’s 8th birthday. ALL his friends forgot. So we went bowling as a family. I was relieved when he told Theron, “I’ll have to tell my friends I’m glad they forgot, I got to go bowling and I’ll still have a birthday party” (we’re going to make another try a different day). Whew, no emotional scarring (when he’d been staring out the window, straining to see a car for 45 minutes, I was getting worried).
We had two talent shows this week. That was not a typo. Mandy had her school talent show and the next evening was our church talent show. Mandy and her friend Erika Adams did a rockin’ dance to Eye of the Tiger. See the video below for their 2 minute performance. Their extreme 80’s outfits were like, totally awesome dude. She slathered on the green eyeshadow and the blush and said, “Mom, why did they dress up like dolls in the 80’s?”
Adam, Solomon and I sang “Breakin’ Free” from High School Musical 1. We almost had a poster calling it “Home School Musical,” but didn’t get to it. They did a great job. Solomon even added some surprise moves (we had to bribe them with Dairy Queen blizzards in order to get them to perform this year). Click here to see the 3 minute performance.
Baby Matthew can now clap. It’s soooo cute. If you hold out your hand, most of the time he will ‘give you five.’ And he’s only 9 months. Genius child.
Last newsletter I mentioned that Seth likes clouds. Yesterday he said, “Look at that cumulo-nimbus cloud. It’s humugalous.” Maybe there’s a weatherman in his future career…his made up words would certainly liven up the news.
Status King passed 10,000 users this week! It's moving along...




3 comments:
Your a blogger too! I love it! You know whats funny is I didn't know how many kids you had! 6 is that right holy smoke you don't look like you had 6 Kids. Its amazing all the things you do with such a large family.
What I want to know is DO YOU MAKE MONEY From Status King? I never had Theron explain that part to me. I love your weather man's use of words, what a cutie! And the performances are amazing! I want to get a matching outfit from the 80s. . . love the socks!
Aww, poor guy! I have the same kind of luck! Glad he took it so well, though, what a good kid!
Post a Comment